Tuesday, January 31, 2012

What everyone is talking about...

OK, so lets play a guessing game? I am going to give you some clues and see if you can guess what the hot topic is currently in my apartment...

1) We are an apartment of 4 single, girls currently living in Provo, Utah.
2) We are an apartment of 4 single, girls currently seeking company of gentlemen in Provo, Utah (desperately seeking...)
3) We are all very painfully aware of the holiday coming up in this wintery month of February.

SO if you can piece that all together...the NUMBER 1 topic for my apartment is currently the predicament of Valentines day. YIKEs, like double-yikes, like triple-YIKES. In other words, I am just looking at Valentines like it's a yikes-day all around.

Why is it that this one particular day messes with us all so much? And by us I mean, women. Truly, its like the ultimate slap in a girls face if you spend Valentines out with a bunch of girls having one of those "anti-valentine" girl-dates that are suppose to make you feel validated, but really just make you feel like you are walking around with the title "step-sister from planet weird" labeled across your forehead....but I am wondering if Valentines even means that much to all the young men here in Provo? or even all the land? Is it bad if I am not too concerned about my who will be my Valentine? Really all I want is those raspberry flavored Hersey Kisses that I walk pass everyday in the student-store on campus...Just sayin...

Welp, this is how some of us girls are looking to attract mates for this womanly holiday...
Here is Emily showing her best dining qualities...an impeccable dinner date to be sure on Valentines!(also she might kill me for putting this photo up...so the world knows, she posed like this for comedy purposes, she really is adorable and looks more like this: )

This here is Madels showing her more playful side! She is obviously one to have a night in the city with..or da club...whatever you prefer! 
And here I am, shaving my legs, in my kitchen sink, in my pjs...I might not be as qualified as these other ladies, but at least I tried this month, I actually got up the nerve to shave (which sadly a true statement, hate it!) and then cut my legs twice which now have 2 Hello Kitty bandaids over them.

1 comment: