Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Paris thus far.

So I figured out what's wrong with me: I have the "Paris Syndrome". It's this thing where Japanese tourists have a dream Paris and idea of a romantic city in mind and are shell-shocked when they realize that it is just a metropolitan city but people speak French. So, I am one of those people constantly in search of Paris from the movies, and not seeing the beauty around me...which is aplenty. Today was Notre Dame and I found almost by accident while eating a Lemon&sugar crepe, the Shakespeare and Company book store!!!! Ahhhh two of my absolute favorites in one day. Notre Dame is beautiful, I loved walking around the whole facade. And I love Montmartre too. It's this hilly area above Paris where the impressionist and post-impressionist all lived and painted and it is incredible.
I miss my family, especially my mama, being in Paris makes me think of her all the time with all the beautiful things I see and I wish we were here together. I don't know when it will happen, but I know 100% I am coming back to London and Paris with my mama and sister!

1 comment:

  1. shakespeare and co was a favorite place of mine as well!

    ReplyDelete