Monday, April 2, 2012

Grandparents were once young too

So on Sunday aka yesterday, my family started going through these online albums of my Dad's family. There were some seriously awesome pictures, but two stood out as my most absolute favorite pictures of my family I have see. My Grandpa Heathcote was a tall, lanky, glasses wearing, GINGER from Utah who married this beautiful, dark beauty from Mesa Arizona, my Grandma Willa Lucille. Just so you all understand who amazing my Grandparents are, Check it Out:

Here are Ken and Willa at Santa Monica Pier, 1951. I die at this picture, who knew they were so stylish and fashion forward? This picture will no doubt hang in my home no matter where I roam. 

This is my G, he is the ultimate hipster, even before there where hipsters. This was Christmas Morning 1968, It is just such a great photo also aesthetically.
All in all, I am glad to be the descendant of my family. I am glad that I had grandparents who found each other and love each other. I am glad my parents found each other and raised me. And I am glad to be a descendant of the original, ginger hipster.

No comments:

Post a Comment